KYW Radio Print Advertisement
From 1921 to the end of 1934, KYW Radio owned by Westinghouse broadcast from Chicago. Beginning on December 3, 1934, KYW switched cities and began broadcasting from Philadelphia. The above advertisement announced the beginning of Westinghouse broadcasting in "The Quaker City."
KYW has the distinction of being the only station to operate from three different localities with the same call letters and the same owner. (In January of 1956, KYW moved to Cleveland and it returned to Philadelphia in June of 1965).
From the official archives of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia
Ad donated by Broadcast Pioneers member Gerry Wilkinson
© 2002 & 2015, Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia
All Rights Reserved
The e-mail address of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia is firstname.lastname@example.org